Guardianship and Administration

Cancel Loading...

Is an interpreter required?

If you need an interpreter to attend a hearing at VCAT, then you should write or telephone VCAT which will arrange for an interpreter at no cost to any party.  Using relatives and friends at the hearing is usually not acceptable.

Although the organisation initiating the proceeding will usually advise VCAT if an interpreter is required, it is a good idea for you to contact the VCAT hearing coordinator yourself to confirm that an interpreter has been arranged.