Housing and Tenancy

Cancel Loading...

Utility and service charges

The tenant is liable to pay for the supply or use of electricity, gas and the cost of all water and sewerage disposal if the property is separately metered (s 52). Accordingly, if the electricity, gas or water is not separately metered, the tenant is not liable to pay these charges.

Section 108 of the Act provides a Resident Management Organisation (RMO) may charge a resident for electricity and gas consumed in the room only if the room is separately metered.